Special Online Banking Security Notice: We are aware of a wide spread email fraud scheme targeting customers who use Online Banking. This malware scheme is being called Dridex. This sophisticated phishing attack sends a spam email to consumers with a Microsoft Word document attached. Once the Word document is opened, malware monitors for activity related to online banking in an attempt to steal personal information. Be aware and do not open emailed Microsoft Word documents from unknown senders or when the receipt of a Word document is out of the norm for the specific sender.
First State's Statement in regard to unsolicited e-mail contact
Unless the contact was initiated by you, First State will never ask you for personal information via e-mail. Asking for personal information should raise a red flag since First State e-mails will never ask you to reply with any personal information such as social security numbers, ATM or Debit Card Pins. We have provided the following information to help educate our customers on Security and Fraud issues.
Fraud Detection Hotline
- To report Debit Card Fraud: 1-800-889-5280
- To report lost or stolen cards: 1-800-528-2273
- To report Credit Card Fraud: 1-800-277-2265
- To report all other Fraud: 1-877-910-0173
To file an Internet crime complaint click Here >
- Identity Theft Help Read More >
Steps for Reporting Debit Card Fraud
- To learn more about unauthorized electronic transactions Read More>
Protecting your Mobile Device
- Safety Tips to help protect your mobile Device Read More >
- Financial Tips for Seniors Read More >